Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bein a mom....















It's still hard to believe that I'm actually a mom. There are rough days, but when Addie smiles at me in the morning when I go to get her from her crib, or lights up when she sees her daddy walk in the door it definitely reminds me that I'm truly blessed because she's in our lives. I cry every time I hear George Strait's song "I Saw God Today" because she's such a miracle and makes me strive to always be a better person. I recently finished reading Jennifer Weiner's "Little Earthquakes" and I really liked it. It made me realize that I can't do it all, and that I have to be easier on myself. I'm really enjoying being done with college and being able to stay home with Addison and see how much she changes every day. I feel so accomplished that I was able to complete school in a field that I'm really going to LOVE working in. I've thought about grad school and maybe after we get moved to Georgia I'll get started with it. Because of Addie, I appreciate my parents more than I ever have and all the sacrifices they made for me and my siblings.

3 comments:

  1. Oh enough with the sappy crap! Totally kidding! I love you so much Heather and I am glad to have a friend like you! We need to take a picture on a good make up and hair day of us together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather! I didn't know you had a blog! I love the music- how do you do that? Addie is sooooo cute! I can see the proud father all over DJ's face when he holds her, too. That is so good to see! I didn't get to hold babies much at thanksgiving because I was sick (no voice- turns out it was just a sinus infection). Congrats on finishing school!

    ReplyDelete