Monday, May 4, 2009

Update on Mama

So Friday morning they did the surgery to remove the tumor and it took 7 hours. They were able to remove 98% of it because the rest was in some blood vessels that were in her spinal cavity. It's the kind of tumor that could take 20 years to get to how this one was. So a decision she has to make a little later is whether to do chemo and radiation to get the rest or let it stay. She is still in a lot of pain and still struggling to communicate. When she does communicate it can be very inappropriate things. She was trying to put some lip balm on her lips and instead started eating it. Just hearing this really broke my heart. I knew this was really serious, but last week I was trying to keep busy so I wouldn't get so upset about it. If you know my mama, she's such a strong and vivacious woman so it's really hard to imagine her this way. I'm flying home on the 12 to stay for 3 weeks and help around the house and do whatever she needs me to. Today she still has no strength, and we're not sure when she'll be able to go home. One of mama and daddy's favorite things is to dance, and this morning she told daddy she wanted to dance. He said you do, and she said yeah. Then he said ok let's dance and she just smiled. It's the worst thing to not be able to help and to think of her being this way. I'm staying positive and knowing that these things can change a in a few days. I really can't wait to be with my family.

5 comments:

  1. Crap, I just commented to your graduation post about needing a mom update and here I have it! I am so glad you get to go be with your mom soon! I know how hard it is to be away from one and how awful it is when they are struggling and you aren't there for them to lean on! Prayers continuing! My favorite scripture of late...keep the faith!!
    John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!!! This was a great day to provide me with that scripture

    ReplyDelete
  3. isnt it something, how not keeping in touch with someone you love so much as you are by this family can turn up such news? I can honostly say that i have never wished that i could be there for someone as much as i do now,for you and your family. I love you all so much always... the news of your moms illness has very much taken me by surprise. if there is anything at all i or this family can do for any of you, please call me. we are praying for you all most sincerely and love you so much. please take care, god bless... karen n the girls (9122813895)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather,I was so surprised to come on here & read about your Mama! There is just no excuse for not staying in-touch any better than I do.Just caught up in all the stuff going on in my world. I pray everything is gonna be alright. You'll are so strong spiritually, I know the Lord will be there to guide and protect Teresa & be there for the family. We love all of you. Uncle Buddy & Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off congrads on your hard work it is well deserved.I am so sorry to hear about your mom it has toke us all by surprise.Heather my thoughts and prayers are with you all if there is anything we can do please let us know.We all miss you sooo much.Give Ms.Addison hugs and kisses from us all still looking forward to seeing that sweet little angel of yours.Remember to keep your head up and stay strong we love you xoxoxoxo Paula

    ReplyDelete