Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rejuvenated!!

So my sister is a lifesaver!! She offered to let me go to her house in St. George for a week so I could get a break, and it was definitely what I needed. DJ wasn't happy about the idea at first, but quickly warmed to the idea and said I should do it. It was so nice to be in warm weather and be able to spend time with both of our families. Diana and I watched Twilight 3 times and watched some of the outtakes one night. She's addicted now! It's amazing how Edward Cullen can have such an effect on people. :) Her two kids Brianna and Lane were GREAT helpers for me with Addie. They wanted to play with her and give her baths. In fact, one night Lane was helping with a bath and he said, "Aunt Hevr, why does Addie have so many muscles (as he's pointing up his arm at all the places she has fat rolls)?" I cracked up. Then we were out to eat at Don Pedro's and Diana suggested that Addie might be thirsty after eating so I tried to give her some water from my straw and she didn't like it. Then Brianna said I should try some of her pink lemonade, didn't like that either. Lane wanted her to try some of his sprite so I said sure. She LOVED it. The first night I was there Brianna came in and saw me trying to put Addie to sleep, and saw that I was humming songs to her. Brianna quickly left the room and brought back her music box, and said that I could leave it open so the music could play for her. These kids amaze me at how smart they are!! The kids and I made home made oreos one night and they took them for a snack the next day for lunch. Brianna told me that the other kids at school were trading her food for just a piece of the oreo. It was so funny to hear her telling me this.

We went to the park with Angie and her kids, and Addie couldn't stay away from the oranges

Angie makes the BEST home made pizza and the night she was making it for us, Quincy, Daisy and Nash decided to have fun in the flour! It was funny at first



Finding all sorts of things in the grass

Brianna & Lane

If Addie got fussy, Brianna would lay themselves down and then she'd be fine

Braxton reading to Addie (a few weeks ago)

DJ tickling Addie

My nephew Darin bull fighting. He's the one running around in the red socks getting the bull to follow him. It's so much fun to watch. It's very intimidating to be outside the ring when those bulls come so close, so I can't imagine being chased!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! That is so so so cute!! You guys looks like you're having so much fun! :) I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it that we totally missed you when you came? It looks like you had fun though. What's the house status?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so busy when we were there and working around Addie's nappin' schedule is alot harder than I realized. We're still waiting for anyone to make an offer. It's amazing how many people we've had to come look but no offers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell Angie how proud I am of her for letting the children live after the flour incident!

    ReplyDelete