Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Getting over the pitts

A couple days ago was a ROUGH day. Addie was extremely fussy and nothing I did seemed to be good enough for her. Until...I sat down to play the piano which I haven't done in like 2 or so years. She loved it and then came to stand by me to play her on notes. Then after 20 mins she was back to fussy. She was so tired but refused to take a nap. It would help if it would QUIT being so blankety blank cold so we could enjoy being outside. However, it'll be at least another week before that happens. Our trips to the mailbox and Wal-Mart are the highlights of our days. I told DJ I needed a break when he got home so he said he wouldn't go to the gym, and when he got here I could go hang out at the library. I was way excited about that. Then at 5:00 he calls to tell me that the guy he works under invited him to the Jazz game, but he knows I've had a long day so he's willing to come home. As frustrated as it made me at the moment I told him to go because if it were me I know he'd let me go. And he works so hard so why not. I hid my tears til I got off the phone and realized what's a few more hours til she goes to bed. I've felt lately that I'm not being productive enough. Like I should be doing alot more, but I haven't a clue where to start. It would be easier if I had some family within a decent amount of driving distance, and that's what gets me every time. I just don't get how people can stand to live without family. Sometimes I wish we'd never have moved from St. George, but I had to for school. It's a good thing that my brothers and parents are coming in 3 months. I'm counting down the days. It's really comforting to read others' blogs to know that I'm not the only one having a hard time, so thanks to all of you! I can't wait for General Conference this weekend, cuz that will lift me.

3 comments:

  1. Heather, every mom in the world can relate to how you feel because we've all had those days with our babes! The fussy days ARE so tough, nonproductive, irritating, and exhausting but all part of what makes a mother irreplaceable. Who else could possibly love your baby more(or better), even tho they get puked on, sleep deprived, and deaf from the screaming? I like to call it blessed chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a great comment above! I love you so much and hope that I help you when you are feeling down! I wish you could be with your family too! But for now hang in there and it will all work out for you! You do the best you can and do a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was not this Heather it was me!! The other Heather McDonald.

    ReplyDelete