Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rockin' Out

July 23 we went to Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy to a country concert with DJ's stepsister Whitney and her husband Craig. It was our late anniversary present to each other. I was really bummed that Sugarland couldn't be here. The lead singer had vocal fatigue so they weren't able to come. I think I was more excited about them than the rest of them. Oh well....maybe one day I'll get to see them.

Waitin in the heat for Lady Antebellum to get started

Lady Antebellum - I LOVE them!!!

Miranda Lambert - She's amazing! She's such a firecracker, spunky lil thing.

Loved her pink guitars

Studs

Kenny Chesney here we come



We had a lot of fun with Whitney and Craig. They seriously crack me up, and I can't wait to hang out with them some more. It's always a hoot to watch drunk people, and we had some hilarious ones around us. I wasn't disappointed with Kenny, but for him having won entertainer of the year quite a few times, I expected a lot more. He did have an awesome set with a ton of screens. It was really cool when he sang "Back Where I Come From" cuz he put on a Utah Utes hat, and the video in the background was of Utah highway signs and different Utah landmarks. So that got everyone pumped. All time favorite was "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy". That definitely did it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment