Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nursing Back to Health


So after a LONG afternoon filled with Addie crying and whining, I let DJ get her ready for bed and put her to bed. I was done for the day. She wouldn't hardly eat her dinner or anything else so I let DJ have at it. After he laid her down she cried for 20 minutes which is unusual cuz she's usually down after 10 minutes if not before. So I told him to go get her. We tried to give her more food, but she refused. He gave her milk and she drank it up. So then I took her to her room and started bouncing her and she laid right on my shoulder. I knew she was exhausted, as I'm bouncing her I look over at her blanket in the crib and see something on it. I get closer and pull the blanket open more and I see some of her dinner on the blanket. So we change the sheets and her jammies and I start bouncing her back to sleep. Then she throws up some more all over me. I felt so HORRIBLE! I can't believe I had been bouncing her after she had thrown up in the bed. I wasn't even thinking of that!!! So we changed those jammies and I gave her a quick bath and then I just held her in the rocking chair with her blankie and she fell asleep. I can't even begin to describe the wonderful feeling I had of being able to comfort her. I felt so bad for getting so aggravated at her earlier. It's great to feel like you're so loved and that this little one is so dependent on you. Tonight was one of my favorite mama moments!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, nothing like a little baby puke to make one feel motherly...

    ReplyDelete