Sunday, July 18, 2010

4th of July Weekend

DJ let me sleep in on Saturday while he took Addie to see the hot air balloons taking off and to pick up some breakfast for all of us. Then that afternoon we bbq'd with the neighbors and hung outside and let the kids run wild. Lots of good food and especially desserts. Then the kids played with the sparklers and watched their daddy's have fun with the fireworks. I was expecting Addie to be scared of all of it, but she actually really enjoyed it. Then Sunday night DJ, Eric and Jared were gonna go camp out at a spot they found on Center St. for the parade on Monday morning. So Jan and I took the kids over to the spot to let them play and see all the other crazies that go and wait till the next morning for a parade. I never knew people did that sorta thing till we moved to Provo. We were seriously considering spending the night there too, then I wisened up and thought of how miserable that would be for me and Addie so we came home and left the boys there about 11:00. Jared and DJ ended up coming home around 2 leaving Eric there with his brother and sister to hold down the fort. So Monday morning we walked down to the parade and watched a LONG 2 hr parade that I was quite bored with. I don't think I've ever seen so many marching bands in my life. Last year's was a lot better. My favorite part was seeing the different military branches being represented, and getting to stand and cheer for them. It was special for me to see the banners for the local fallen mariens since Darin was familiar with them. All in all, it was a fun weekend and I'm glad we got to celebrate our independence and all of our many wonderful freedoms.

Addie, Colten, Callie, Shyanna


Jan, Krista & me




1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of you two above! You both look so great!

    ReplyDelete