Friday, July 2, 2010

Addie is 2

We decided to have Addie's birthday and my baby shower for Lucas in St. George since a lot of our family and friends are down there, and we're so glad we did. The morning of Saturday the 19, we had the birthday party shared with Addie's cousin Noah (they were born the same day) at Hidden Valley Park. The kids loved it cuz they have a really fun park with a splash pad! Addie of course wanted nothing to do with the splash pad since she doesn't care for water splashing in her face. But she was super excited about her Dora cake. I wish I could take credit for making it, but this year I wasn't in the mood to be making a cake. So one of our friends' sis-n-law made it. Krista and Eric and Jan and Jared came down from Provo to spend the day with us, and we so appreciated it. (It was also a good excuse for a lil vacation for them, but we like to think we're special!!)

Blowing out her candles

She couldn't wait to get her hands on her piece

Lane and Addie

Addie going in for a kiss to Noah


The same afternoon Angie, Sarah and Diana gave me the baby shower and it was really nice. I got some really great gifts and lots of time to chat with the ladies. Everything was decorated so cute and the food from Don Pedro's was so delish. I left with so many clothes since I got things passed down from Sarah and Diana and I can't wait to see this lil man in em.

When we got to St. George on Friday night it was pretty late but I knew Addie would be super excited to see everyone so I didn't mind that it was already WAY past bedtime so we let her stay up for a bit. Then DJ put her down in the pack n play and came upstairs to chat and a few minutes later we hear something coming up the stairs! It was ADDIE! She had gotten out, and mind you this is the first time she's done this and hasn't ever attempted to climb out of her crib at home (that I know of) and we were totally shocked. So that's what we got to deal with on this trip. Lucky us!

1 comment:

  1. You are super special! I didn't want to be missing Addies BIRTHDAY, or your baby shower! LOVE YOU GUYS!

    ReplyDelete