Saturday, July 3, 2010

Father's Day

My sweetie is one of the best dads i know of. That's when I found this card I knew it was truly for him......
Whether it's putting shoes on little feet or reading bedtime stories with all the right voices, it's there - your commitment to being the best dad you can be. And that's just what you are...the best dad ever. From one lucky mom...and an especially lucky wife.
Addie is so blessed to have someone who cares so much about her and who wants to spend time with her. And I'm so blessed to have chosen such a great dad for my children. Rarely does he complain about giving her baths, getting her ready for bed or taking her along to the store so I can have a few minutes to myself. I love you babe and admire the fact that you're such an amazing daddy.

To my daddy - I'll never forget all of our tickle times and best of all you spoiling me with rubbing my hair so I could fall asleep. (I bet DJ wishes you hadn't done that, since it's been passed down to him) Thanks for being such a good example to me as to what I wanted in a husband and father for my children. Love, your Green Eyed Monster



After church we went out to Sand Hollow with Diana, Gary, Brianna, Lane, Darin and Azsha. Papi kept Addie for us so we could enjoy our time on the boat. Then Angie and Stacy kidnapped her from Papi so she could play with her cousins. DJ and I had left the lake earlier than the rest of the gang cuz we had a hotel in Mesquite, NV and all I knew was we were going to Vegas as well to eat but he wouldn't tell me where. (This being our anniversary get away) However, being clever and I usually figure out what his surprises are I guessed where we were going to eat. Bahama Breeze!!! This was special because we ate there for the first time in Orlando on our honeymoon and we loved the food and the atmosphere. Vegas is the closest one for us. I had doubted driving to Vegas just to eat and then turn around and head back to Mesquite since my legs and feet were starting to swell from being in the car, but how could I say no to such a sweet gesture. I'm so glad we went cuz it was fun and spontaneous. We were both fighting sleep on the way back, but our hotel ended up being quite nice and it was only $30 so you can't beat that.

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I love your blog, your cute family, and especially YOU! I was thinking about you just the other day and wondering how things were coming along for Lucas :) Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! I want her dang it!

    ReplyDelete