Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sunday

I awoke earlier than the rest of my house got myself some cereal and by the time I had finished, my lil monkey was up. So I got dressed and DJ got Addie ready for church. He was going to stay home cuz of a really bad headache so I was kinda dreading being alone with Addie and being able to take care of her myself during Sacrament. However it turned out really well, because she was so good and just ate her snacks and played with her toys. However by the last five minutes she was DONE. After walking out into the hall...who do we see? DADDY waiting on us. Addie went off to nursery and the rest of church was fine. I have been thinking alot lately about how much I don't know the scriptures as well as I should so I was trying to think of ways for me to learn. I could read through them several times and it still not click for me or me remember in a few months. So at 4 we had a meeting with our bishop and he asked us if we would be teachers for the Valiant class which he thinks are the 5 & 6 year olds and we were both immediately excited. What a way for me to learn and grow and be creative to help these kids learn! So a couple Sundays from now and we'll be teaching. I'm just a lil bummed cuz I do really enjoy my sunday school class but it'll be good for us. Maybe DJ can teach me a few things! :) So for dinner, we had tin foil dinners and dutch oven peach cobbler with our neighbors Krista and Eric. YUMMY! All the adjoining neighbors kids were outside playing so Colten and Addie were all over the place having fun. We had our fire started a lil early that night considering we usually wait til the monkeys are in bed but as soon as they went to bed we chowed down on the cobbler. Krista and Eric have taught us a new things to roast so this fire pit has been one of our best investments ever!! Last week we roasted STARBURSTS. If you haven't tried it, you must. You let them pretty much start drippin their juices then pull them out and wave em around for a few seconds and pop em in your mouth. You should taste a lil bit of hard shell then juicy middle. As Krista would say, "It's a lil party in your mouth." Eric's quote would be "It's wholesome goodness."

2 comments:

  1. Addie is growing up so fast. Love those ponytails. LOL I could just come through this pc & squeeze her she's so darn cute. Love those expressions on her face. LOL Made my day seeing these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know, you'll have to show us!

    ReplyDelete